Keeper of Mysteries

The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton
I had read one Kate Morton novel previously and I enjoyed the read. This book was in some ways a disappointment. I was all of a quarter through the book and the light bulb went on and I knew exactly where this was going. I am not going to spoil for anyone but for me it was way too obvious.
I like Morton's writing style, it is a bit like comfort food as you can wallow yourself in this rather guilty pleasure. The characters are well realised but I just did not find this group as endearing. Laurel was okay and really was just the curious person about the past. I think I felt the present plot line not as engaging as the plot line in the past. I did not really care about Molly's daughters I wanted more of Molly's story.
I enjoyed the book, it was good read but it just did not grab me like her previous effort.
For more on Kate Morton check out her website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without Marie Curie is it possible?

Family perfection awry

The truth is false or is it?