Welcome to 2014 and hopefully a bit more focus on the blog this year.
So the aims for reading this year? Usually it is 50 books but this year it is tomes. I have gathering dust on the shelf some rather thick books that I ignore because they might slow down that 50 a year goal. I have about eight or nine 700 plus page books that need to be read.
Here is a list that I would like to knock off:
  • Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
  • 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  • God's War - a new history of the Crusades by Christopher Tyerman
  • The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durell
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy by Terry Brooks
  • Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (its a big hard back)
That is just sampling, there are others I need to add.

I will also do the Australian Women Writers Challenge which is certainly worthwhile and I would suggest that you check it out. Not sure what I will Australian Women Authors I will read this year so I have opted for the Stella option which is read 4 review 3. I think I can manage that.

At the moment I am reading S by J.J Abrams and Doug Dorst and it is a novel that is really intriguing. It is a huge puzzle and there are so many layers. I am looking forward to finishing it so I can try and write down what I think about it.

Here is to another year of reading and exploring through words, Plus I hope to wax on lyrically about anything else that takes my fancy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without Marie Curie is it possible?

Family perfection awry

The truth is false or is it?