Schumer is a woman of her time

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo
Amy Schumer
Hardcover, 323 pages

Published August 16th 2016 by Gallery Books
First of all I would like to thank all the trolls who made a concerted attempt to have Amy Schumer’s ‘The Girl with the lower back tattoo’ rated a one. If they had not made such an effort, had not gathered so much publicity in their attempts I may have never decided to purchase the book. I mean my interest was piqued and I wanted to know why they were so happy to lambaste everything about Amy Schumer.

Amy Schumer has written a frank, brutally honest account of moments in her life whether they are good or bad. She has to be given full marks for telling moments of her life that are confronting and many would argue should not be discussed in public. It is never easy to talk about family illness, domestic violence and anything sexual. Yet Schumer tackles all these of issues with respect, authenticity and humour. There is some powerful writing in this book that will resonate with many.

I gained an enormous amount of respect for Schumer after reading this book. I was so impressed by her love of life and embracing everything that is thrown at her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without Marie Curie is it possible?

Family perfection awry

The truth is false or is it?