Harry Bosch returns to the force

The Closers - Michael Connelly
Paperback, 432 pages
Published October 2nd 2006 by Grand Central Publishing

I have read a couple of Michael Connelly's novels before and I was impressed by the Poet that I had read many years ago. I have mot followed the Harry Bosch series at all and what I have read has been out of order. This is no exception as I have picked up book 11. Bosch has had three years away from the police force and has returned to join the Open/Unsolved Crimes team. His first case with partner Kiz Rider they are looking at the death of 16 year old girl.

Connelly is masterful in plotting the story, allowing you to follow Bosch's reasoning and every clue is there for you to find. There is a bit of misdirection as Bosch sometimes goes down the wrong rabbit hole but he eventually comes back to discovering the truth.

The writing is tight and the descriptions are wonderful, it is a great piece of escapism.

You can read this book as a stand alone with no problems at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without Marie Curie is it possible?

Family perfection awry

The truth is false or is it?