A different spin on the wild west

The Sisters Brothers - Patrick deWitt

Two brothers, two contract killers and they have a job to do.

 Set in the wild old west this book has moments of humour, brutality and interesting characters.

I have to be honest I really started out enjoying the book for the 40 off pages I was really into it. Then I started to disconnect and I was never sure why. I was enjoying the direction the book was going and was engaged in what was happening. As I went along I was more and more disconnected and then I figured out why. It was Eli, the protagonist of the novel. I just found his monotonous voice and his plodding along very irritating.

I realise that many people rate this book highly and I understand why but it was just not for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A world without Marie Curie is it possible?

Family perfection awry

The truth is false or is it?